Do you or someone you know need help with a legal issue?
NEKYS Restorative Justice Programs Provide:
- A voluntary and confidential alternative to court proceedings for individuals 10 through adult.
- Programs based on restorative justice practices that allow the person who violates the law the opportunity to identify and repair the harm done to the victim, the community, and themselves.
- Opportunity for the individual who completes the requirements of the program to have his or her case closed in the legal system.
- Help for individuals to regain their driver’s license while they pay off their fines and fees.
- Support for 16- to 21-year-olds who are referred to the program after receiving a notice to report from a police officer for possession and/or consumption of alcohol or marijuana.
- Assistance for youth ages 10 through 22 who have been adjudicated in Family Court, are on probation and require additional support specified by the Department for Children and Families