All youth need a safe stable living environment to grow and thrive.
NEKYS Transitional Living Program (TLP) is a voluntary program for local 16-21-year-old youth who are homeless or who are at risk of becoming homeless. The program’s goal is to provide the essential support services that youth need to make a successful transition to independent, self-sufficient adults.
NEKYS Transitional Living Program (TLP):
- Provides weekly case management and individualized service planning.
- Assist youth in securing safe and stable housing.
- Connects youth to appropriate resources as needed, such as mental health and substance abuse treatment.
- Improves life skills, such as money management, interpersonal skills, healthy meal preparation, the ability to understand a lease and how to perform common household tasks.
- Helps youth explore and pursue employment and educational goals.
- Provides financial support, on a limited basis, toward rent for youth who already have their own apartment.