Support. Assist. Coach. Encourage.
NEKYS Youth Development Program (YDP) offers voluntary case management services to youth ages 15-22, who are, or have been, in the custody of the State through the Department for Children and Families (DCF). The program’s goal is to provide access to a wide range of services designed to help youth transition from State custody and care to self-sufficiency and independent living.
NEKYS Youth Development (YDP):
- Creates individualized transition plan for youth and young adults.
- Offers one-on-one support and group meetings.
- Connects youth and young adults to community resources.
- Strengthens life skills development, such as decision making, money management, employment (seeking and maintaining), social skills and education support.
- Provides financial support for youth who exited custody after age 16 or who were in custody for at least 5 years after age 10.