Are you a young person or know one who is homeless or at-risk of homelessness? Are you having trouble finishing school or finding a job?
NEKYS Youth Programs provide:
- 24/7 staff to respond to youth in crisis.
- Support to youth 15-22 who are homeless, at risk of becoming homeless, current or past involvement with foster care, have mental health issues, substance abuse or legal issues, are pregnant and/or parenting.
- Support to youth 16-25 who are stably housed, but have mental health issues, substance abuse or legal issues, are pregnant and/or parenting.
- Positive youth development techniques to identify strengths and achieve goals related to housing, education, employment and life skills.
- Access to short-term and long-term housing.
- Opportunities to connect with supportive adults in a safe substance free environment.
- Healthy choices and connections with peers for opportunities to “give back” through community service.
Of the 30 young people identified as being homeless or at risk of being homeless NEKYS engaged 24 in supportive services*:
73% Not first time homeless.
60% Homeless more than 1 year.
63% Homeless 3 times in 3 years.
66% Have mental health and/or substance abuse issues.
23% were domestic violence survivors.